Did you know that nail polish remover can remove the hard coat of nail polish? Haha.
Of course, I tried many things and experimented with nail polish remover a lot. As always, today I am writing to you from my personal experience.
There are several uses of the nail polish remover within your home. From cleaning a range of items to different surfaces at home, cleaning with nail polish remover can show great results.
In short, those are two types of nail polish removers – acetone and non-acetone removers. The acetone-based removers are the more effective ones not just for cleaning your nails but also for various uses in other areas at home.
What is nail polish remover used for?
Can you clean with nail polish remover?
Can nail polish remover remove stains from clothes?
Answers to those questions and many other discoveries find in the 10 practical uses I tried in my home. Here is the list of 10 uses of nail polish remover I tried at home and below I am explaining each of them.
In this Article you can read:
- What is nail polish remover used for?
- 1. China Tea Cups Cleaning with Nail Polish Remover
- 2. Permanent Marker Marks Cleaning with Nail Polish Remover
- 3. Floor Laminate, Tile, or Concrete Cleaning with Nail Polish Remover
- 4. Sanitize the Razors in the Bathroom
- 5. Shoes or Sneaker Cleaning with Nail Polish Remover
- 6. Get Rid of Ink Marks by Cleaning with Nail Polish Remover
- 7. Removal of Stickers from Metal or Glass
- 8. Keyboard Deep Cleaning with Nail Polish Remover
- 9. Rub Paint from the Glasses with Nail Polish Remover
- 10. Bathtub Cleaning with Nail Polish Remover
1. China Tea Cups Cleaning with Nail Polish Remover
If your china crockeries have got tea or any other stains, dab a cotton ball with a few drops of remover and scrub the stained area. Cleaning with nail polish remover can help to wipe away the stain and finally, wash it with clean water.
2. Permanent Marker Marks Cleaning with Nail Polish Remover
The acetone nail polish remover can be used in many ways and one such way is to remove the marks of the permanent marker. To dissolve the marks of the marker completely who need to keep rubbing the affected area gently with cotton wool pads or balls. You can see how easily the marks are erased in no time when you try cleaning with nail polish remover.
3. Floor Laminate, Tile, or Concrete Cleaning with Nail Polish Remover
Often, when you walk with your shoes on, in the bathroom, the concrete, laminate, or tiles get stained and spoiled. In such a case, you just need to dip a cloth with the remover and wipe away the marks. The nail polish remover should not be used on the wood.
4. Sanitize the Razors in the Bathroom
Do you wish to increase the longevity of your costly razor blades? Take some nail polish remover and dip the razor blades into it for some time. Then, remove the razor blades and wipe them with a clean cloth or tissue and keep it in a dry place. This process helps to sanitize your razor and increase its life.
5. Shoes or Sneaker Cleaning with Nail Polish Remover
The stains and scuffs on the white area of your sneaker and shoes can be buffed away with the nail polish remover. The acetone can harm your shoes so, it is best to dip the kitchen towel in the nail polish remover and buff gently, and later, wipe away the residues with a clean cloth.
6. Get Rid of Ink Marks by Cleaning with Nail Polish Remover
When your child returns from school with ink stains on his white shirt, you become worried about how to remove it. By diluting 1 part of nail polish remover with 2 parts of water and dabbing the stain with a soft cloth or tissue, you can get rid of the ink stains.
7. Removal of Stickers from Metal or Glass
The metals and glass often leave stubborn gunk on it so, rubbing and cleaning with nail polish remover is a great way to get rid of the mess.
8. Keyboard Deep Cleaning with Nail Polish Remover
A keyboard is the major germ-infected area that needs proper cleaning. It is very easy with the nail polish remover. You just need to dab a cotton ball or brush in the nail polish remover and rub in between and over the keys.
9. Rub Paint from the Glasses with Nail Polish Remover
While painting the window, if the glass is stained with a little amount of paint, you can get rid of it with the use of remover. You can dab some remover on the stained paint, leave it for some time, and then, rub the area with a damp cloth.
10. Bathtub Cleaning with Nail Polish Remover
Is your bathtub dirty with scum and soap stains? You just need to dilute the nail polish remover into some water and take a sponge to rub the bathtub. It works effectively to remove the dirt away.
From the above tips, you can understand that more or less everything in your home is useful. From cleaning with nail polish remover to using dishwasher tablets to clean your washing machine or maybe you’re locked out of your house or you looking for ideas where to hide a key. However, I cover you and I hope I can help you too. Happy New Year!
P.S. If you need more ideas, don’t worry! Here is the video with 14 more ideas for nail polish usage in our homes.